- All Posts
- Skydio 3D Scan
- Skydio X2
- Skydio 2
- Public Safety
- Skydio 2 in Action. First Responder Deployments Show the Power of Drone Autonomy
In this blog, we expand on the ways that first responders are realizing the value of Skydio Autonomy in their live operations. From search and rescue, to evidence gathering, to tactical missions, Skydio pilots are helping save lives, time, and taxpayer dollars.
- Celebrating the FAA’s Tactical BVLOS Announcement for Public Safety Agencies
Every public safety agency can apply to conduct the game-changing Tactical Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) operations that Skydio pioneered in partnership with the Chula Vista Police Department (CVPD). This news means that appropriately authorized public safety agencies nationwide can send drones into areas that are too dangerous to send people.
- Drone Autonomy for Situational Awareness
In previous weeks, we’ve shared with you details on our new aircraft and autonomy solutions , and how they will upend a variety of drone use cases. This week, let’s dive deep into one of these use cases — Situational Awareness — to understand how Skydio autonomous drones improve outcomes and make everyone safer.
- Introducing Skydio X2™ Built for business. Ready for duty.
Skydio X2 is paired with our groundbreaking Skydio Autonomy technology. X2 builds on this proven technology we first released in October 2019 on the Skydio 2, and applies it to a ruggedized, foldable airframe with six 4K navigation cameras for 360° obstacle avoidance and a dual sensor payload that includes 12MP color and 320x256 FLIR® sensors.
- Skydio’s Public Safety Commitment to the Responsible Use of Drones
Our team partnered with DRONERESPONDERS to help develop the principles, which are designed to advance the responsible and effective deployment of drones. In this post, I will highlight the importance of the principles and explain Skydio’s commitment to supporting policies and standards on the responsible use of drone technology.
- Skydio Mission and Responsible Use Principles
We started Skydio in 2014 because we saw the incredible potential of drones to have a positive impact on the world, and thought that full autonomy — the ability to perform complex tasks without a pilot — would be key to realizing that potential.
- Skydio Engagement and Responsible Use Principles
Our focus is on advancing our mission to make the world more productive, creative, and safe. We are shaped by core values of accountability, transparency, and the protection of privacy and civil liberties.
- Skydio Introduces The New X2 Family of Drones and Breakthrough Autonomy Software For Situational Awareness and Inspection
- Why Autonomy Matters for Public Safety Drones
"My hands just shake a lot less when I fly.” That was the response from the young police officer and UAS pilot when I asked him to boil down why the Skydio 2 was different than the other drones he flies at work.