Skydio 2 Warranty
Skydio, Inc. 1 Year Limited Warranty - Skydio 2
LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE AND PERIOD OF COVERAGE
Please note: All claims made under the Skydio 1-Year Limited Warranty will be governed by the terms set out in this warranty document.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS.
Your Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 YEAR from the original date of purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with the Safety and Operating Guide, as may be updated from time to time. This Limited Warranty is only applicable for claims that occurred in the country to which the Product is first delivered following the original date of purchase. Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Skydio even in situations where you purchased the Product from a third party. If a defect arises during the Warranty Period, Skydio, at its option will:
- repair the Product at no charge using new parts or parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability,
- exchange the Product for a product with substantially equivalent functionality formed from new and/or previously used parts that are substantially equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or a product that is substantially functionally equivalent to the product it replaces, OR
- refund the original purchase price
Any Product that has either been repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty will be covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty for the longer of (i) ninety (90) days from the date of delivery of the repaired Product or replacement Product, or (ii) the remaining time left in the original Warranty Period.
The warranty will be automatically terminated without notice if the Product has been subject to:
- Modification or repair of the Product, in part or in whole, at a repair center not operated by or approved in writing by Skydio
- Intentional damage. The warranty shall terminate if the purchaser is found to have broken or otherwise damaged the Product on purpose. Skydio will not offer a refund. In addition, Skydio reserves the right to take legal action if the purchaser is found to have caused the damage for financial gain
WHAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
This Limited Warranty does not cover “Ineligible Products,” which are products marked as “sample” or “Not for Sale”, or sold “AS IS”; or any Products that have been subject to:
- Damage caused by modifications, alterations, tampering, disassembly, or improper maintenance or repairs;
- Damage due to use, handling, storage, installation, or testing not in accordance with the Safety and Operating Guide for such Product or other instructions and recommendations provided by Skydio from time to time;
- Abuse or misuse of the Product;
- Acts of God, including but not limited to lightning, flood, tornado, earthquake, or hurricane;
- Damage from a collision caused by use of the Product against the Safety and Operating Guide, objects striking the Product, or if the Product is dropped, hit, bent or crushed, exposed to temperatures below -5C or above 40C, or submerged in water, regardless of cause.
- Damage caused by failure to update the software in a timely manner to protect against operational failures.
- Damage caused by not using the included Skydio battery and/or charger.
- Damage caused by operation in bad weather, poor or low lighting conditions, and any other environmental conditions (i.e. strong winds, rain, sand/dust storms/fog, etc.).
- Damage caused by operating the product in an environment with electromagnetic interference (i.e. in mining areas or close to radio transmission towers, high-voltage wires, substations, etc.).
- Damage caused by flight when components have been previously damaged or the vehicle is not flight worthy.
- Damage caused by any issues when using unauthorized third-party parts or software.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
(i) consumable parts, including batteries and propellers, unless damage is due to a failure of the Product to conform to its specifications(even if such consumable parts are packaged or sold with the Product), nor
(ii) normal wear and tear, including cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents or chips. Use of the Product or its software counter to the Safety and Operating Guide can impair the Product’s performance and may invalidate this Limited Warranty.
Skydio may add software features that allow users to push the limits of the product into conditions not covered by this Limited Warranty. Upon first use of such a feature, Skydio will provide clear messaging that the warranty will be voided during use of this feature. If/when these features are being used, the warranty will be voided.
Before any warranty service, it is recommended that you make a backup of all content from the Product. If Skydio services a Product, the contents on the Product will be deleted and the storage will be reformatted. Skydio is not responsible for any loss of content or data.
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR SERVICE
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, the owner of the Product must contact Skydio customer support at 855-463-5902 (855-GOFLY02), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and notify Skydio of the owner’s intention to bring such claim during the Warranty Period, provide a description of the alleged failure, and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”). The owner of the Product may be required to send logs or other data from the Product to Skydio to verify the alleged failure.
All Product(s) must be returned in either their original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection, together with proof of purchase, to the address specified by Skydio. To ensure successful delivery, you are required to ship returned Product(s) using the prepaid return shipping label emailed to you by Skydio. It is your responsibility to retain a copy of the shipping label with the applicable tracking number signed by an agent of the carrier, as proof that the possession of the returned product shipment was transferred to the carrier.
If your claim is determined by Skydio to be covered by this Limited Warranty, Skydio shall bear the shipping costs associated with the return of the original Product and shipment of the replacement or repaired Product to you. Any Product that is returned to Skydio without a valid warranty claim or without an RMA may be rejected, returned to you at your cost, or kept for 30 days for your pick-up and then disposed of in Skydio’s sole discretion. In these instances, Skydio may also charge an assessment cost to you prior to shipping a unit back or it being picked-up.
NOTICE AND CONTACT
Any notices given by you under this Limited Warranty shall be given in writing or by email and shall be delivered to the following address:
Attn: Customer Support
114 Hazel Ave
Redwood City, CA
If you would like to contact Skydio customer support, please call us at 855-GOFLY02 (855-463-5902), or contact us via email at email@example.com.
YOUR RIGHTS AND THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other legal rights that vary by state, province, or jurisdiction. Likewise, some of the limitations in this Limited Warranty may not apply in certain states, provinces or jurisdictions. The terms of this Limited Warranty will apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. For a full description of your legal rights, you should refer to the laws applicable in your jurisdiction and you may wish to contact a relevant consumer advisory service.