LAST UPDATED: September 20, 2023
The Skydio Limited Warranty (“Limited Warranty”) is provided by Skydio, Inc. (“Skydio”) solely for Skydio-manufactured hardware including but not limited to drones, gimbals, docks, controllers, attachments, and/or accessories (collectively, “Product” or “Products”) offered by Skydio and purchased from Skydio or from an approved Skydio reseller that has entered into a contractual agreement with Skydio to sell Product(s) (an “Approved Reseller”). You, as such purchaser (“you” or “your”), hereby agree that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by this Limited Warranty.
1.1 Skydio warrants the Products against defects in materials and workmanship in hardware, during the applicable warranty period as set forth below (“Warranty Period”), under normal use in accordance with Skydio Guidelines that include but are not limited to the following: published Product materials, the applicable Safety and Operating Guide (https://www.skydio.com/safety), technical specifications, Product design specifications, user manuals, maintenance guidelines, in-app notifications, and support communications provided by Skydio. Skydio Guidelines may be updated from time to time at Skydio’s sole discretion.
1.2 If, during the Warranty Period, you submit a claim to Skydio in accordance with this Limited Warranty, Skydio, in its sole discretion and as your exclusive remedy and Skydio’s sole liability, will: (1) repair the Product using new or refurbished parts; (2) replace the Product with an equivalent new or refurbished Product; or (3) provide a partial or full refund of the original purchase price to you in exchange for return of the Product. Any Product that has either been repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty will be covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty for the longer of: (i) ninety (90) days from your receipt of the Product that has either been repaired or replaced, or (ii) the remaining time left in the original Warranty Period. Under this Limited Warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Skydio during the Warranty Period if you purchased the Product from an Approved Reseller.
2. Warranty Period.
2.1 The Warranty Period for Products, except as specified below, is one (1) year from the date of delivery.
2.2 The Warranty Period for the following Products is:
● Drone Battery - The earlier of one (1) year from the date of delivery or 200 battery cycles. A battery cycle is the depletion of at least 80% of the charge.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to, and Skydio has no obligation for, the following:
● Damage caused by reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct;
● Damage caused by or as a consequence of engaging in illegal activities;
● Direct or indirect loss caused by force majeure including but not limited to acts of God, pandemic, war, military action, riot, coup, and terrorist activities;
● Damage caused by modifications, alterations, tampering, disassembly, or improper maintenance or repairs;
● Modification or repair of a Product at a repair center not operated by or approved in writing by Skydio, which will also void all warranties of the Product including but not limited to this Limited Warranty;
● Unauthorized disassembly, attempts to open the casing, taking apart or removing components from the Product, except as expressly authorized in writing by Skydio;
● Collision or crash, except to the extent caused by a hardware defect in materials or workmanship;
● Use, handling, storage, installation, or testing in violation of or contrary to the Skydio Guidelines;
● Any Product or component thereof if such Product’s serial number or other identifying marks are removed or altered, which will also void all warranties of the Product including but not limited to this Limited Warranty;
● Damage caused by defect, failure or error relating to any equipment, attachment or other hardware that is not a Product;
● Damage from objects striking the Product or if the Product is dropped, hit, bent or crushed;
● Damage from external causes such as, but not limited to, fire, extreme thermal conditions, or extreme weather/environmental conditions, and improper usage of any electrical source;
● Damage due to failure to update any applicable software in a timely manner or as directed by Skydio;
● Damage or defect caused by non-use or improper use of the included Skydio battery and/or charger;
● Damage caused by operating the Product in an environment with toxic, radioactive, or other harmful materials;
● Damage or defect that Skydio is unable to diagnose and verify because you have not provided the flight logs or other required information;
● Damage caused by flight when components have been previously damaged or the Product is not flight-worthy;
● Failure to replace consumable parts such as propellers in accordance with Skydio Guidelines;
● Any software provided or used in accordance with the Product including any updates to the software;
● Damage or defect caused by using unauthorized third-party parts or software;
● Normal wear and tear, including cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents or chips;
● Prototypes or Products marked or provided as a “Sample”, “Demo”, “Not for Sale”, “AS IS”, “EVALUATION UNIT” or other similar markings/designations; and
● Damage caused by operating the Product in poor or low light conditions, unless the Skydio Guidelines allow for such operation and the damage is caused by defect in the Product’s hardware;
● Damage to the propellers caused by normal wear and tear;
● Damage to any device not defined as a Product.
The aforementioned exclusions to the Limited Warranty (collectively, “Limited Warranty Exclusions”) are applicable to the extent their application is cognizable to the Product in question.
4. Warranty Limitations.
4.1 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) SKYDIO DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS; (B) THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND FOREGOING REMEDIES ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER RIGHTS, REMEDIES OR WARRANTIES THAT MAY APPLY, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; AND (C) THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO PRODUCTS PURCHASED WITHIN AND CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE UNITED STATES. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
4.2 No Skydio Approved Reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term in this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
4.3 For the avoidance of doubt, Skydio’s software is covered solely by the Skydio Software End User License Agreement (https://www.skydio.com/legal/eula) and is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
5. Important Service Information.
5.1 To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, the owner or authorized representative of the Product must: (a) contact Skydio customer support at 855-463-5902 (855-GOFLY02) or another number specified by Skydio during on-boarding, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, (b) notify Skydio of the owner’s intention to bring such claim during the Warranty Period, (c) provide a description of the alleged failure, and (d) obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”).
5.3 Before sending a Product to Skydio for warranty service under this Limited Warranty, you should remove the media card and make a backup of all media content from the Product. If Skydio services a Product, the content or data on the media card in the Product will be deleted and the storage will be reformatted. Skydio is not responsible for any loss of content or data or for any loss of the media card.
5.4 All Products subject to this Limited Warranty must be returned in either their original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection, together with proof of purchase, within thirty (30) days of filing a claim, to the address specified by Skydio. To ensure successful delivery, you are required to ship returned Products using the prepaid return shipping label emailed to you by Skydio. It is your responsibility to retain a copy of the shipping label with the applicable tracking number signed by an agent of the carrier, as proof that the possession of the returned Product shipment was transferred to the carrier.
5.5 If your claim is determined by Skydio to be covered by this Limited Warranty, Skydio will bear the shipping costs associated with the return of the original Product and shipment of the replacement or repaired Product to you, as long as the shipping is to and from the United States. Any Product that is returned to Skydio without a valid warranty claim covered by this Limited Warranty or without an RMA may be rejected, returned to you at your cost, or kept for thirty (30) days for your pick-up and then disposed of in Skydio’s sole discretion. Skydio may also charge an assessment cost or shipping cost to you prior to shipping a Product back or it being picked-up, if the Product is determined by Skydio to be operating properly within its design specifications.
5.6 Any notices given by you to Skydio under this Limited Warranty shall be given in writing or by email and shall be delivered as per applicable notice requirements. Please do not hesitate to contact Skydio customer support, by either calling us at 855-GOFLY02 (855-463-5902) or contacting us via email at email@example.com.