LAST UPDATED: DECEMBER 19, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, home wifi information, social media IDs, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, feature usage, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and network connection information.
Audio and Video Information: Your Skydio product records video and audio. If you allow the Skydio app to access your mobile device’s microphone, the mobile device corresponding to your Skydio product will record local audio during normal use of the Skydio product. If you send us flight log data through the mobile application or if you opt in to automatically sending flight log data, the audio from the corresponding mobile device, and the video and audio from your Skydio product may be sent back to Skydio. Even if you do not opt-in, such information will remain on your mobile device and Skydio product.
Location Information: If enabled, we may collect information about the location of your device, such as GPS data, each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. Your Skydio Product automatically collects GPS location information as part of its normal operation and sends it to your mobile device. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Diagnostic Information (Drone and Device): We may automatically collect information at any time from your Skydio product, such as navigation logs that contain orientation, speed, system faults, obstacle detection, control feature usage information, and phone IMU measurements.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
- We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, upload media to social media sites at your direction, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Skydio and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Skydio and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including, but not limited to, third-party payment processors;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Skydio or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Skydio and it's current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with other websites or platforms to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. We respect the wishes of anyone who does not want to be tracked by third-party advertising companies online. Users may opt out of cookie-based online advertising and analytics programs by following the opt-out instructions provided by our advertising and analytics partners.
Skydio takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Skydio is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your account, or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device. Your Skydio product uses GPS to collect location information during its normal operation. Because this information is required for safe flight, you cannot disable location collection on your Skydio product.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional content from Skydio by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.