A Guide to Easy and Efficient Defense Contract Vehicles for Commanders to Equip Their Units with the Latest sUAS Technology
Small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) are an essential tool for modern defense forces. The Skydio X2D, designed in collaboration with our defense partners to support global defense operations, is the world’s leading AI-backed sUAS, built to enhance the effectiveness of defense forces in contested spectrum environments and enable success across the range of military operations.
Designed, assembled, and supported in the USA, Skydio X2D is on the Blue UAS list, compliant with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and adheres to the highest standards of supply chain, manufacturing, and data security.
With an AI-driven autonomous flight engine that enables unparalleled 360° obstacle avoidance, autonomous tracking, GPS-denied navigation, and complete workflow automation, Skydio X2D military drones allow you to train to the most advanced tactics, techniques and procedures for battlefield maneuver.
In addition, with 3D Scan, Skydio drones can simplify and speed up critical tasks across the Defense enterprise:
- Aircraft, ship, and vehicle maintenance/production inspections
- Interior and exterior facilities condition assessments
- Airfield and infrastructure inspections
- Reconnaissance and assessment tasks: leader’s recon, base perimeter scan, rapid map capture of airfields and landing strips, EOD response, and battle damage assessment.
Acquisition of Military Drones
Using Skydio sUAS is easy and reduces cognitive load on drone operators, so they can focus on important battlefield tasks. Purchasing the drones should be easy as well. If you are interested in rapidly purchasing Skydio drones, there are two main procurement paths you can take:
- The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Special Operations Equipment (SOE) Tailored Logistics Support (TLS) Program
- U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Advantage.
DLA Tailored Logistics Program
The DLA TLS Contract is a great procurement option for Skydio drones. This 10-year, $33B multiple award IDIQ offers a streamlined procurement process that can help you get the exact brand name and part number you need.
What Are The Advantages of using DLA TLS?
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a crucial part of the United States Department of Defense. It provides a variety of logistics, acquisition, and technical services to the military and other federal agencies. One of its key offerings is the Special Operations Equipment (SOE) program, which is part of the Construction and Equipment supply chain. The DLA TLS Contract is a great option for government agencies looking to procure Skydio drones. It offers several benefits, including:
- Brand name and part number procurement
- Rapid obligation of funds via military interdepartmental purchase request (MIPR) / military standard requisition and issue procedures (MILSTRIP)
- 4-6 week average processing time
- Procurement options for PROC, OMA, and RDTE $
- Reduces critical path and streamlines fielding.
Procurement process to buy Skydio defense drones through DLA TLS.
What are the steps to purchasing through DLA TLS?
- Register as a new customer.
- Receive an order form and welcome packet with a unique customer number for submitting RFQs.
- Submit a requirement email to DLA.
- DLA releases a formal RFQ to the four primes on SOE TLS.
- Prime IDIQ holders submit best pricing and lead-times available back to DLA.
- DLA makes an award based on best value.
You can visit the DLA TLS website to get started: https://www.dla.mil/Troop-Support/Construction-and-Equipment/Spec-Ops-marine-lifesaving/.
GSA Advantage is a procurement platform that allows federal agencies to purchase goods and services from pre-approved vendors. Skydio is one of the OEMs available on GSA Advantage (via ADS Inc.), making it easy for government agencies to purchase Skydio drones without having to go through a lengthy procurement process.
To purchase Skydio drones through GSA Advantage, simply visit the GSA Advantage website and search for Skydio. You will be able to browse through the available drones and select the one that best fits your needs.
Final Thoughts: Streamlining the Defense Procurement Process for Skydio sUAS
The Skydio X2D military drone is a leading AI enabled sUAS designed to enhance the effectiveness of defense forces. It complies with the NDAA and offers industry-leading AI capabilities for advanced tactics and procedures on the battlefield. Procurement of Skydio drones is made easy through the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Special Operations Equipment (SOE) Tailored Logistics Support (TLS) Program or through GSA Advantage, providing government agencies with streamlined and efficient acquisition options.
Not sure where to begin? Contact us.