- All Posts
- Skydio 3D Scan
- Skydio X2
- Skydio 2
- Public Safety
- U.S. Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio Announces $170 Million In Series D Funding Led by Andreessen Horowitz’s Growth Fund
Skydio, the leading U.S. drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, today announced it has raised $170 million in Series D funding led by Andreessen Horowitz’s Growth Fund. This brings total funding raised to over $340 million with a current valuation of over $1 billion.
- U.S. Drone Maker Skydio Selected for Final Integration in the U.S. Army’s Short Range Reconnaissance Program
Skydio, the leading U.S. drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, today announced the U.S. Army elected to continue with the Skydio X2D SRR system to complete remaining integration and documentation requirements within the Other Transaction Agreement Prototype Phase.
- Skydio Named as CES 2021 Best of Innovation
The Skydio X2 has received the CES® 2021 Best of Innovation Award for Drones and Unmanned Systems. The announcement was made ahead of the first-ever, all-digital CES 2021, the world’s most influential technology event, happening Jan. 11–14, 2021.
- Skydio CEO Adam Bry Appointed to the FAA Drone Advisory Committee
- Skydio Announces The Availability of New Enterprise Software For Skydio 2™ and a new Training Program for Certified Skydio Pilots
Skydio, the leading US drone company and world leader in autonomous flight, announced the general availability of Skydio Autonomy Enterprise Foundation (AEF), a broad set of advanced AI-pilot assistance capabilities for enterprise and public sector operators.
- U.S. Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio Grows Momentum in Japan’s enterprise Market With High Profile Customers
TOKYO — November 16, 2020 — Skydio (https://www.skydio.com/), the leading U.S. drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight technology, today announced it is seeing rapid adoption of its solution in the Japanese market with several enterprise customers, including telecommunications giant NTT DOCOMO, NTT West subsidiary Japan Infra Waymark, and drone services provider FLIGHTS.
- Skydio Appoints New VP of Channel and Alliances adds to The Federal Sales Team
Skydio appoints Industry and Military Veterans Trent Hall as VP of Channel & Alliances, and Federal Sales team additions Sai Williams and Ron Bellavia as Federal Account Managers, and Dylan Hamm as Solution Engineer
- Skydio Adds Key Product and Engineering Executives
Roy Goldman as Head of Product Management, Ryan Reading as Head of Software Engineering and Mike Ross as Senior Director of Product Management
- NCDOT Secures Groundbreaking BVLOS Waiver for Bridge Inspection Using Skydio 2
The FAA has granted the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) a first-of-its-kind, state-wide approval to fly Skydio drones beyond visual line of site (BVLOS) to inspect bridges. The FAA has enabled NCDOT to conduct BVLOS activities without the use of visual observers or expensive technology designed to detect manned aircraft.