← back to Legal
Valid through 3/22/2022.
KeyFrame Challenge Rules
- Skydio is located at 114 Hazel Ave., Redwood City, CA 94061, and is the sponsor of this challenge. This challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social network or platform. You understand that you are providing your information to Skydio and not any social network or platform.
- Entries must be posted on Instagram with the hashtag “#SkydioKeyFrame”. The posting account must follow “@SkydioHQ”. Posting a Skydio KeyFrameTM entry in the manner above constitutes acceptance of these Rules (“Rules”) on behalf of the contestant who registered the Instagram account.
- Multiple entries per contestant are allowed but only one entry per contestant has the potential of being selected as a finalist as described below.
- Contestants must be located in the US and Canada.
- Contestants must be natural persons 18 years of age or older to participate. Contestants must have a registered Instagram account as of date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Skydio and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion and/or fulfillment agencies and the immediate families (spouse and parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, grandparents and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of any such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes the contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Rules and Skydio’s decisions and interpretations of these Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the challenge. Winning a prize is contingent upon accepting all terms and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. CHALLENGE IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Void where prohibited.
- Challenge entries must be a video of between 10 and 60 seconds in length, exported in 16:9, 4:5, or 1:1 aspect ratio. Videos must be shot on a Skydio 2 or 2+ drone utilizing the KeyFrame skill. Single continuous takes are preferred, but edits will be considered, as long as the edit enhances the story and creativity. Purchase of Skydio products does not enhance your chances of winning, and contestants are welcome to post videos taken on drones borrowed for the purpose of entering the challenge.
- Entries must be made between February 28, 2022 at 12:00 am, and March 30, 2022, 11:59 pm PT. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entries that do not meet the following guidelines are subject to disqualification at Skydio’s sole and absolute discretion:
- Except for materials that are in the public domain, each entry, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the contestant and suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- The entry must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any third-party person or entity, or contain any commercial content or visible brand names or trademarks of any entity other than Skydio which contestant has limited license to use.
- The entry must not contain any content or material that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, violent, racist, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable, as determined by Skydio in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the contestant, and must not reveal any information that could be used to track, contact, or impersonate the contestant. Should contestant include personally identifiable information about contestant in the entry, contestant acknowledges and agrees that such information may be disclosed publicly and contestant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
- The entry cannot and will not promote any activity that is unsafe, hazardous, dangerous or prohibited by law.
- The entry must not have been submitted previously in any challenge or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond the contestant’s immediate circle of friends and family).
- Entries will be judged on the basis of the following Criterion: Creativity (e.g., originality, subject, location), Camera Motion (e.g., obstacle navigation, complexity, length), and Image Quality/Presentation (e.g., lighting, settings, aspect ratio). Each element of the Criterion will be judged on an equal basis in the first instance.
- Contestants accept Skydio will choose the finalists from among the contestants to be judged for this challenge in accordance with the Criterion. All contestants selected as finalists must sign an appropriate agreement to grant Skydio a worldwide, perpetual, and irrevocable license to their entry to be considered for voting.
- Four judges qualified to judge KeyFrame entries and selected by Skydio will score each contestant from amongst the finalists on each of the three Criterion. Each judge’s scores, weighting each criterion equally, will be converted into a ranking, with the contestant with the highest combined score provided by a judge ranked at the top of the bracket, and the lowest score at the bottom.
- The community will be permitted to vote on Skydio’s Instagram post, granting their votes to the best single contestant among the finalists according to the Criterion. The community shall include all voters with an Instagram account interested in contributing to the selection of the winner.
- Each of the four judges and the community will submit a separate ranking entitled to an equal 20% share of the vote. In the event of a tie in the ranking of any judge or community score, the tied contestants will be assigned the lowest rank within the tie (i.e., if two contestants are tied after 1st and 2nd place, both will be ranked at 4th place).
- As a tiebreaker on the combined score, Skydio will rank tied contestants using the judges’ scores, without regard to the community votes. In the event of a further tie, the contestants with the highest score for Creativity, then Camera Motion, and then Image Quality/Presentation from among the judges’ scores will be selected.
- On or around April 2, 2022 PT, Skydio will announce the contestants, and voting will commence.
- On or around April 6, 2022 PT, Skydio will announce the winners of the challenge, along with prizes. Skydio will subsequently make arrangements to transfer the prizes.
- Odds of winning are determined entirely by the quality of your entry according to the Criterion as compared to the quality of other entries.
- First prize will be $6,000 (US) and a S2+ starter kit. Second prize will be $3,000 (US) and an S2+ starter kit. Third prize will be $1,000 (US) and an S2+ starter kit. S2+ starter kits have an Approximate Retail Value of $1099. Potential Prize Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Potential Prize Winners may be required to provide Skydio with a valid social security number or tax identification number or W9 form for tax reporting purposes before the prize will be awarded. A Potential Prize Winner may be disqualified under any of the following circumstances: i) if the Potential Prize Winner cannot be reached by Skdyio within seven (7) calendar days of the winner announcement; ii) if the Potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or declines to accept any Prize; and/or iii) if the Potential Prize Winner cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules. In the event a Potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Skydio may award that Prize to an alternate Potential Prize Winner based on the same judging criteria set forth above, time permitting and at Skydio’s sole discretion.
- Limitations of Liability
- Skydio is not responsible for votes that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, or congestion. In the event of a dispute, votes will be deemed submitted by the Instagram account holder at the time of entry.
- Skydio is not responsible for any damage to drones or other property, or physical harm, injury or death, either directly or indirectly resulting from competing in or preparing an entry for this challenge, or from receipt, use or misuse of the prize.
- Skydio, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any votes it believes violate these rules or the spirit of the challenge.
- Skydio, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entity or person tampering with the voting process or the operation of the website or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the community vote. Use of bots or other automated processes to vote is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Skydio. Offering potential voters a tangible reward or incentive for voting (e.g., buying votes, offering services or discounts in exchange for votes, providing entry into a sweepstakes for votes) is strictly prohibited.
- Skydio further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the challenge if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
- Skydio is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this poll, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
- SKYDIO MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CHALLENGE. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY VOTER TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SKYDIO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH VOTER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- Except where prohibited, contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in San Francisco, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this challenge, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of contestant and Skydio in connection with the challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.