- All Posts
- Skydio 3D Scan
- Skydio X2
- Skydio 2
- Public Safety
- Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio adds New Talent to Growing Leadership Team
- Drone Autonomy for Bridge Inspection. The Newest Tool on the Inspector’s Belt.
Drones eliminate many of the pain points associated with snooper trucks and other legacy methods for bridge inspection. Drones are cheaper to buy (few thousand vs. 200k-500k for a truck), cheaper to operate (reduce cost per inspection by 75%), safer, non-intrusive to traffic, more environmentally friendly (no traffic jams)
- Skydio 2 in Action. First Responder Deployments Show the Power of Drone Autonomy
In this blog, we expand on the ways that first responders are realizing the value of Skydio Autonomy in their live operations. From search and rescue, to evidence gathering, to tactical missions, Skydio pilots are helping save lives, time, and taxpayer dollars.
- Skydio Available on GSA Advantage for Federal Government Customers
- Selected as a Trusted Drone Provider for US Federal Government in Defense Innovation Unit’s Blue sUAS Project
The new Skydio X2D has been selected as a trusted drone platform for the Department of Defense and Federal Government as part of DIU’s Blue sUAS Project. This is a major milestone in Skydio’s strategy to bring the power of its world leading autonomy engine to public sector customers.
- Celebrating the FAA’s Tactical BVLOS Announcement for Public Safety Agencies
Every public safety agency can apply to conduct the game-changing Tactical Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) operations that Skydio pioneered in partnership with the Chula Vista Police Department (CVPD). This news means that appropriately authorized public safety agencies nationwide can send drones into areas that are too dangerous to send people.
- Drone Autonomy for Situational Awareness
In previous weeks, we’ve shared with you details on our new aircraft and autonomy solutions , and how they will upend a variety of drone use cases. This week, let’s dive deep into one of these use cases — Situational Awareness — to understand how Skydio autonomous drones improve outcomes and make everyone safer.
- Skydio Autonomy™. A new age of drone intelligence.
In last week’s blog, I shared with you some of the ways Skydio X2 was built to meet the needs of some of the drone industry’s most forward-thinking fleets. This week, I’d like to share some ideas about autonomy — what true autonomy is and why it matters, and how it will impact drone operations across the industry.
- Introducing Skydio X2™ Built for business. Ready for duty.
Skydio X2 is paired with our groundbreaking Skydio Autonomy technology. X2 builds on this proven technology we first released in October 2019 on the Skydio 2, and applies it to a ruggedized, foldable airframe with six 4K navigation cameras for 360° obstacle avoidance and a dual sensor payload that includes 12MP color and 320x256 FLIR® sensors.