- All Posts
- Skydio 3D Scan
- Skydio X2
- Skydio 2
- Public Safety
- Autonomy is the New Opportunity for Part 107 Drone Operators
We at Skydio have been thrilled and honored at the warm welcome the drone industry has shown us. From consumers and reviewers generating amazing footage, to first responders protecting their communities, to enterprise users conducting operations more safely than ever before, to working with the FAA to unlock the potential of unmanned aviation, every interaction with the drone market has underscored the incredible value of autonomy.
- Breaking Regulatory Barriers for Bridge Inspection: NCDOT and Skydio Secure the First True BVLOS Waiver Under Part 107
Celebrating another first-of-a-kind regulatory achievement that allows the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) to fly Skydio drones beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) to inspect bridges with unparalleled safety and efficiency. This waiver marks a new era in unmanned flight. Until now, the FAA had required the use of visual observers (VOs) for operations beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS).
- NCDOT Secures Groundbreaking BVLOS Waiver for Bridge Inspection Using Skydio 2
The FAA has granted the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) a first-of-its-kind, state-wide approval to fly Skydio drones beyond visual line of site (BVLOS) to inspect bridges. The FAA has enabled NCDOT to conduct BVLOS activities without the use of visual observers or expensive technology designed to detect manned aircraft.
- Skydio Celebrates National Manufacturing Day in the United States
On National Manufacturing Day, we celebrate our employees who make it possible for us to build the most advanced autonomous drone in the market right here in the U.S. with the highest standards of quality and supply chain and cybersecurity. Skydio is proud to design, assemble, and support our products in the US. Domestic manufacturing is a part of our DNA.
- EagleView, Skydio Partner to Provide Drone Tech for Roof Inspections
The partnership brings the power of precision drone technology and AI to insurance carriers, claims adjusters, and government bodies and will result in the largest ever commercial drone deployment with thousands of units deployed.
- Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio adds New Talent to Growing Leadership Team
- Drone Autonomy for Bridge Inspection. The Newest Tool on the Inspector’s Belt.
Drones eliminate many of the pain points associated with snooper trucks and other legacy methods for bridge inspection. Drones are cheaper to buy (few thousand vs. 200k-500k for a truck), cheaper to operate (reduce cost per inspection by 75%), safer, non-intrusive to traffic, more environmentally friendly (no traffic jams)
- Skydio 2 in Action. First Responder Deployments Show the Power of Drone Autonomy
In this blog, we expand on the ways that first responders are realizing the value of Skydio Autonomy in their live operations. From search and rescue, to evidence gathering, to tactical missions, Skydio pilots are helping save lives, time, and taxpayer dollars.
- Skydio Available on GSA Advantage for Federal Government Customers